Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wolf in Potato Clothing


I make and freeze all of my daughter Molly's baby food. Depending on the veggie or fruit, I steam it and puree it, then fill ice cube trays and freeze. It is a lot of work, but it is definitely a labor of love for me and I don't mind doing it.

One of the first foods that I fed her was pureed sweet potatoes. She loved them and it's a regular in her diet. One of the first times that I defrosted a cube of sweet potatoes, just before I fed it to her, I noticed that the cube had taken an eerie form. You be the judge, but I felt it was a werewolf face, or maybe even Vincent from Beauty and the Beast. My mom was a huge fan of that show. Chewbacca is also a possibility.

I considered e-bay for a second - maybe there's a cult like following of Vincent or a Church of the Werewolf or even a crazed Star Wars fan that would dish out cash for a sweet potato likeness of Chewy... that was until a demanding Ms. Molly screamed at me and I ladled the potato monster into her open mouth. She approved.

I just noticed she's starting to cut her first tooth - luckily, it's coming out slowly and it isn't taking a canine form. :-)

No comments: